My photo
Ocean City, MD, United States
ish Boutique is located on 35th Street and Coastal Hwy. in Ocean City, Maryland. We offer unique, high-quality goods, fun and trendy finds including apparel, jewelry, accessories, home decor, books & journals, and baby & kid gifts along with lots of other great little goodies- all at a fair and affordable price!

Search

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

where it all begins (part 2 posted by Christina)

New York City--- that’s where it all begins. I had a big decision to make as a young adult, where did I want to go to college? I debated between Manhattan and California, I weighted my pros and cons and decided if you can make it New York you can make it anywhere, so off I went! I studied Interior Design at the New York School of Interior Design and graduated with a Bachelor in Fine Arts. 


Living in Manhattan for 6 years really molded me into who I am today. I was never a fashionista, I grew up wearing t-shirts, jeans, uggs and bikinis. I developed my fashion sense in New York and learned that I love baggy pieces, that I am simple and easy, yet geometric. That I love solids especially black (all designers love black) and I cant leave out my stripes! Yet I do try to expand my horizons and add a little color and pattern into my wardrobe. My personal style is also reflected in my interiors. I was able to learn about different cultures, foods (and wow do I love food, my credit cards sure showed that)!  The city also allowed me to come out of my shell, to become social and to be bold! I met so many different kinds of people and personalities along the way that taught me a lot as well! Its definitely a city that never sleeps, a life that is truly for the young, but it is a life that you can get too caught up in and a life that can be quite draining! Always fighting to be the big fish in a small sea. Which is what leads me into my next chapter, the move back home to Ocean City, Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment