My photo
Ocean City, MD, United States
ish Boutique is located on 35th Street and Coastal Hwy. in Ocean City, Maryland. We offer unique, high-quality goods, fun and trendy finds including apparel, jewelry, accessories, home decor, books & journals, and baby & kid gifts along with lots of other great little goodies- all at a fair and affordable price!

Search

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

every ending has a beginning (part 3 posted by Christina)

I was SO over it!!!! I did not want to be the small fish in the big sea anymore, I wanted to be the BIG fish! The one that is a household name,  one that loves her job, and doesn't dread going to her job. This is when I decided to make a huge move and leave the big city. At this point in my life I had felt like I was destined to do something great, that leaving was the best decision for me, but that was not what others thought! My mother, my father and even my best friend Jenny (aka my business partner) tried to talk me out of moving back home! ...Oh yes I said it, I wanted to move back home (I never thought I would say that, I was for certain that I was never going to move back to Ocean City, Maryland). But you know the saying, “Never Say Never!” Once I was 100% about moving back home I gave my Interior Design job my 2 weeks notice and I started blowing Jenny up about starting a business! That we were meant to do so much more, that we were too talented to let it all go to waste. We would talk and talk and talk about what we could do and offer to our home town area for hours upon hours. At the end of August 2010, I moved back home and into my mothers house with my two sisters. It felt like high school all over again (hehe)! But soon enough everything just started falling into place. It was actually quite bazaar how it fell like a puzzle, fate - that's the only word I can use to describe what happened. And just like that our lives started changing so fast and the secrets were starting to pile up, hiding our future endeavors from our family and friends. At the end of the day we had to ask ourselves, “What do we have to loose?” So that's where my ending became my beginning!





No comments:

Post a Comment