My photo
Ocean City, MD, United States
ish Boutique is located on 35th Street and Coastal Hwy. in Ocean City, Maryland. We offer unique, high-quality goods, fun and trendy finds including apparel, jewelry, accessories, home decor, books & journals, and baby & kid gifts along with lots of other great little goodies- all at a fair and affordable price!

Search

Friday, February 3, 2012

oh the love(hate) of pinterest


Ok, can I just say I love pinterest!! BUT I can't help but chuckle when I see these clips of "picture perfect" rooms. When I first started scanning the site, pinning and having my heart set on transforming my house overnight into these beautiful creations I had found, I was convinced this was possible. After a week of scrubbing, steaming, organizing, and rearranging- I came to the realization that with two small children and a husband who likes to get dirty, this it is almost IMpossible for me to do! ;) Within two days of being "finished" it looked as if a tornado had ripped through my house, again.

Now where as I would love for my living room to look more like this....


the reality is this (courtesy of a friend of twins, labelled "I give up")....

So.... I have come to terms with the fact that as of now my house my may not "look" the way I would like it to, but it is full of Love, Fun and tons of Laughter. I think I can except this for a few more years until my children (and husband ;) grow a bit and help me keep the house clean and in order. In the meantime, I'll continue to pin my "dream house" on my boards, and think of it as my hope chest! <3
        

1 comment:

  1. A home like you said is full of love and memories. You can always picture the perfect home but it also has to have the perfect love and happiness to fill it with. You have all that. Keep up the good work. xo

    ReplyDelete