My photo
Ocean City, MD, United States
ish Boutique is located on 35th Street and Coastal Hwy. in Ocean City, Maryland. We offer unique, high-quality goods, fun and trendy finds including apparel, jewelry, accessories, home decor, books & journals, and baby & kid gifts along with lots of other great little goodies- all at a fair and affordable price!

Search

Friday, March 30, 2012

Juice, Juice JUICE (posted by Christina)

"Juicing" is apparently the new rage in NYC. My friends Jacky and Jimmy that I stayed with for a short period of time, introduced me to a new trend or should I say a healthy way of life! As a couple they have decided to improve their lives and learned about what juicing can do to help their body. Did you know that as an adults we should be having 3 servings of fruit and 4 servings of vegetables each day? I know that I don't!!! Well not anymore, this thing called "Juicing" is pretty fabulous! The concept is to intake all your daily fruits and veggies by just drinking them. My friends went out and purchased a juicer, I've done a little research and found that they range in price from about $80- to top of the line $400. The next step is to hit the grocery store, selecting only the finest fruits and veggies. They prefer organic, for the fact that if they are trying to better themselves why would they choose to intake pesticides and chemicals. The following ingredients makes their favorite recipe:
* 4 small Granny Smith apples (cut in half)
* 3 medium sized whole carrots (just peel and cut off the ends)
* 4 celery sticks
This recipe will make 2 full 16 oz glasses (you can also find other recipes online!)



The next step is to turn on the juicier and place each item in the juicing tube, using the push down tool, also be sure to have the container at the spout to catch all the liquid that your fruits and veggies are about to make. Then 1-2-3 you are done! Pour into your glass and enjoy, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment