My photo
Ocean City, MD, United States
ish Boutique is located on 35th Street and Coastal Hwy. in Ocean City, Maryland. We offer unique, high-quality goods, fun and trendy finds including apparel, jewelry, accessories, home decor, books & journals, and baby & kid gifts along with lots of other great little goodies- all at a fair and affordable price!

Search

Friday, March 30, 2012

Falafel anyone? (posted by Christina)


Oh my gosh, I have been re-introduced to my old favorite food, falafel! My friends Jacky and Jimmy that I stayed with in Hoboken, NJ told me about the best falafel place and that I should go. Its called "Mamouns Falafel" which was established in 1971 and was written up in the book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die in the USA and Canada," by Patricia Schultz. It is absolutely amazing, but funny enough I found out they had 2 other locations in the city and literally was taken back in time, remembering eating falafel for the very first time when I was a freshman in college at the same place (but at their Saint Marks location)!!! Falafel is made up of chick peas that have been smashed up with spices and then deep fried. I prefer mine as a sandwich which is served in a pita with lettuce, tomato, onions and tahini sauce. Tahini sauce (which I'm addicted too) is made of: tahini (which is ground sesame seeds made into a paste), crushed garlic, salt, olive oil, lemon juice and finely chopped parsley. If you have never experienced falafel I really recommend doing so! You can enjoy it at either a Middle Eastern restaurant or you can actually make it at home. They sell falafel packets in the organic isle in the grocery store! Eat up :-) ... O0o0o and I forgot to mention, they make the best Mint Lemonade- refreshing, add it to your summertime drink list!

No comments:

Post a Comment